Capital Insurance Group: Offering You A Wide Range of HR Services
Small and midsized businesses are increasingly recognizing the growing challenge of complying with complex, rapidly evolving HR laws and employment laws, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), the Family Medical & Leave Act (FMLA), and others. With employee litigation — and compensatory awards — on the rise, companies face major potential legal liabilities if they fail to comply with human resource and employment laws, rules and regulations.
How big is the risk? Statistics compiled by Jury Verdict Research indicate that employment lawsuits have risen 400% in the last 20 years, with the average compensatory reward in federal employment cases now exceeding $490,000.
Capital Insurance Group can support your Human Resource Department including compliance with new mandates and determining how Health Care Reform will affect you moving forward. We have dedicated service representatives who are only a phone call away to field your and your employee questions.
Our HR Services
Capital offers the following HR services to help you with compliance and employee-related issues:
- Assistance in developing and updating your employee handbook that incorporates your business philosophy with legally mandated policies and company practices and procedures
- COBRA assistance including maintaining employee and dependent data throughout the COBRA coverage period; notifying eligible employees and spouses of their rights under COBRA and as qualifying events take place; helping qualified beneficiaries who elect to continue coverage do so; among other services.
- FMLA compliance including providing information on eligibility for leave and questions regarding the interactions between FMLA and COBRA.
- Compliance with Health Care Reform, including following all provisions, ensuring employee notices are done, etc.
The following are available to you for your downloading.
- Census Form – this form is required in order to quote new business
- ERISA Explanation – explanation of ERISA rules and regulations
- HIPAA Special Enrollment Notice – HIPAA notice for group health insurance
- FMLA Poster – poster explaining FMLA from the DOL
- FMLA Notice of Eligibility – required form employers need to provide to employees
- FMLA Designation Notice – Notice required to notify employee of amount of leave that is counted again their entitlement
- FMLA Certification of Health Care Provider – medical certification for FMLA leave
- Federal COBRA Guidelines
- ADA Amendments Act
- ADA Questions and Answers
- Model Marketplace Notice