Capital Insurance Group: Insurance for Breweries
The craft beer industry in Michigan is hopping: According to the Brewers Association, craft beer production in Michigan grew 41.5% in 2014 over the prior year. What’s more, nationally, Michigan ranked 10th in the nation for the volume of beer produced and sixth for the number of craft breweries in 2014.
At Capital Insurance Group, we’re helping this sector in our state continue to ferment, supporting brewery start-ups as well as established breweries and their plans for increased production capacity with comprehensive insurance and risk management programs. Our programs and services are designed to help companies preserve the value they have worked so hard to build.
Tap Into Our Expertise
During our risk assessment, we’ll review your operations inside and out and ask the tough questions to make sure we can properly mitigate and transfer your risks. For example:
- Does your insurance keep pace in the summer months when you gear up production?
- Are you properly covered for business interruption and extra expenses if one of your key suppliers’ facilities was damaged and they were unable to make deliveries for an extended period of time? Would you be able to honor your contracts? Would your income suffer?
- Does your insurance program include the appropriate property in-transit limits to cover losses occurring when transporting raw materials from your supplier or when transporting your product to the local tavern?
Put Our Risk Assessment and Insurance Expertise to Work for You
You can rely on Capital to conduct an in-depth analysis to make sure you’re covered. Our portfolio of coverages designed specifically for breweries and tailored to each client’s operation include:
- Commercial Property Insurance
- General Liability
- Beer Stock
- Beer Contamination
- Tanks and Barrels
- Specialized Beer Loss Valuation
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage (equipment, tanks, kettles, bottling and refrigeration)
- Production Equipment
- Business Interruption & Extra Expenses
- Product Recall & Withdrawal Expense
- Stock in Transit
- Liquor Liability
- Commercial Umbrella
- Employment Practices Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- And Others