Capital Insurance Group: An Environment of Teamwork and Growth
At Capital Insurance Group, our employees are our most valuable asset and are integral in defining our business by delivering exceptional results to our clients and driving our company to success. Capital offers an excellent work environment to provide our employees with the highest level of job satisfaction.
Working at Capital provides many benefits, including:
- Technical and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Benefits Package
- A Healthy Workplace
- Active Community Involvement
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Commercial Lines Account Manager Job Description
- Maintain both inside and outside involvement with customers and company representatives.
- Process, maintain and prepare new and renewal accounts for marketing, placement, and delivery to the customer or producer.
- Manage an assigned book of business, including data entry of application information into agency management system and/or specific rating and underwriting system. Keep backlog within department standards.
- Handle typical customer service activities.
- Research and analyze data contributing to the development and enhancement of a customer’s insurance program and recommend appropriate coverage.
- Refer opportunities for cross-selling of new Personal Lines or Benefits prospects to the appropriate contact person within the respective department.
- Maintain licensing, CE, and/or other accreditation as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to customers, employees, and carriers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- P&C License with a minimum of five years’ experience as a Commercial Lines Account Manager.
- Possess a professional designation (i.e., CIC, CRM or CISR) (preferred).
- Possess a supportive and responsive manner with internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and sound organizational and time management skills are critical.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience using Applied Tam or Epic is preferred
Matthew's process of identifying and controlling the risks that drive up premiums was dead on. We immediately implemented some of the procedures. Mid-policy year Matthew demonstrated our plans to the underwriters and got the carriers to reduce our premiums by 13% and our experience modification from over 1 to .87.
Deborah D. Halligan, President
- Halligan Electric, Inc.
"Capital Insurance Group has been very professional in all of our dealings and we can wholeheartedly recommend them. They truly care."
- American Temperature Service, Inc.
"The team at Capital Insurance Group has serviced our insurance account for over 15 years. They have always demonstrated professionalism and a high level of service. I recommend them highly; they are a valued advisor in our business."
- R&D Enterprises
"Even though we were a small start-up in 1989, Capital treated us like a Fortune 500 company — and has since then. It’s been a great partnership. I highly recommend Capital Insurance Group to anyone."
- Kasco, Inc.
"Capital Insurance Group has been instrumental in helping me grow Macomb Mechanical into what it is today — a $20,000,000 revenues company. I’d recommend Capital Insurance Group to anyone."
- Macomb Mechanical, Inc.
"After getting the quick quote from a nationally advertised company of $2,200 for my daughter’s mini van, I called Capital and bought the same coverage for $845."
- Emma, Troy
"Home, Auto, Life…Capital covers it all for us! They made it really easy for us to get started and we’ve been a happy insured with their help for over 10 years!"
- Larry, Birmingham
"Unfortunately we had a claim, fortunately we had Capital. We talked to a real person and got an immediate response and solution. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
- Betty, Rochester Hills
"Our agent at Capital reviewed our policy for our rental house. He found several glaring coverage issued with a major national competitor. He was able to obtain a better price with the right coverage. We moved our homeowners and auto to Capital and saved money also. Thorough analysis, better price…..you can’t beat it!"
- Norma, Northville